New International Partnerships
In 2018-2019 a new International Partnership Committee will be created to approve and assess Western’s institutional partnerships abroad. IGE is seeking nominations to that committee. Members will serve a 2-year renewable term.
In addition, the Internationalization Advisory Board and the Council of Deans have approved a new protocol for approving and assessing Western’s partnerships. Faculty interested in proposing a new partnership should consult the Protocol for Managing International Partnerships and talk with their department chair and/or dean about the potential benefit of the partnership. We highly recommend that faculty consult the Executive Director of IGE before completing the Request for an International Partnership Agreement form.
- Western does not focus its partnership activities on any specific region(s) of the globe.
- Western is committed to developing partnerships that are mutually beneficial to students, staff and faculty at both partner institutions.
- Western favors partnerships that have potential for activity at more than one level (exchange, research, conferences, dual degrees, etc.) and in more than one department or college.
- Bidisha Biswas
- Vicki Hamblin - ex officio
- Debi Hanuscin
- Jeff King
- Ryan Larsen - ex officio
- Arunas Oslapas
- Anthony Shull - ex officio
- Ron Singleton
- Christopher Wise