Internationalization Advisory Board
The International Advisory Board (IAB) is an all-university board charged with implementing the university’s Action Plan for Global Engagement. The IAB works with the Executive Director of the Institute for Global Engagement and with colleagues around the university to:
- develop a plan for strategic institutional partnerships,
- support college efforts to internationalize curricula, hiring practices, and reward systems for faculty,
- diversify and augment the university’s international populations,
- connect to globally-focused local organizations,
- and provide intercultural training for the university’s communities.
In 2017-2018 IAB’s focus is the creation of university-wide policies and procedures for approving and assessing Western’s institutional partnerships with universities around the world.